The General Objective is to provide a forum for discussion , outreach, advocacy and research on Semantic Web technologies (SW) and Linked Data (LD) in Latin America . This space is open to academic communities and social organizations, business and government .
- Facilitate SW and LD approach applied to different domains
- Facilitate the collection and integration of different working groups in the area
- Create channels for disseminating information about SW and LD
- Encourage participation in events of every country on issues related to LD
- Promoting openness LD data
- Encourage collaborative projects and international / Latin American calls
- Progress in Latin American networking of researchers and developers in this area
- Providing a web site with information and training on SW LOD
- Create a repository of publications in the area and other formative type materials ( lectures , presentations , tutorials , related links, etc. . )
- Create a Wiki -like space where different groups to promote their activities .
- Support/organize actively conferences, workshops and summer schools in the region.
- Creating a curriculum(s) of a course (s) on SW and LD .
- Creating a forum to publicize the event calls events .